Sunday, February 20, 2011

"The magic's in the make-up"

I'm going to share a few of my favorite make-up tips with you! I LOVE make-up! I buy tons of it & I have a hard time throwing any of it away. You could probably call me a make-up hoarder! At least i'm not a regular hoarder or an animal hoarder cuz that scares me.

My first tip is if you wear base or foundation use a primer first! It makes the application & look of your make-up so much smoother. I love how it just fills in all pores & smooths right over any lines or blemishes so when you put on your foundation it just glides right on & then set it with powder & your skin will look even & smooth!

Second, in the summer & the warmer more humid months I would recommend wearing a cream blush. It might seem a little heavy depending on the color/brand you get so keep it light & use sparingly. I like this in the summer cuz it won't sweat off! It stays in place. For a cheaper brand I like Revlon Cream Blush in Berry Flirtatious. When you get it, it looks like it'll be really dark but if you just use a dab on the apples of your cheeks & blend outward it works great! If not then you might look a little clownish...but you'll get it! :)

And lastly, I think you should always have a great set of brushes! To me a cheap synthetic brush doesn't apply as well as a natural brush. Maybe that's just me though. I have the Sephora Collection & think they work as well as the more expensive ones. I would also remember to clean them every so often. If you have a good natural brush don't clean it with a cheap hand soap, I use Cetaphil & lukewarm water, & then leave them out overnight to dry completely. It's not too hard on them & they stay super soft. Or if they are real hair use a good shampoo!

If you have any other questions or comments I would love to hear from you! A few other recommendations are use liquid eyeliner it doesn't end up making you look like a racoon, however it takes some practice & a steady hand. Also, don't use a pencil for your eyebrows that makes them look too solid & crazy. Use a brow brush & a color that is one shade lighter than your hair color. I use a Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Twice Baked. For blonde hair though I think you should probably use a light brown. I'm guessing. Hope some of these have been helpful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment