Monday, February 7, 2011

V-Day Treats!

Every year for Valentine's Day I throw the kids a party. I like to do it for every holiday & i'm so glad that they are still excited to come to work & see us or still ask to have a sleepover. I'm going to miss them when they get older & decide they're too cool. That'll make me sad. So Syd & I have been shopping today for all our things we need for our party. Ya so I just wanted to share this recipe we are going to try to make on Friday. It sounds awesome, but i'm never too sure on first time trys. If you're wondering tho, the Game Day Dip turned out delicious! Although I might suggest using only 1/2 the amount of lemon zest, it was a little too tangy!











Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Serves: 24

Ingredients:
2 1/2 C. Flour
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
1 C. Buttermilk, room temp.
2 large Eggs, room temp.
2 Tbsp. Red Food Coloring
1 tsp. White Vinegar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 lb. Cream Cheese, softened
2 sticks Butter, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
4 C. sifted Confectioner's Sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pans with cupcake papers.

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt & cocoa powder. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar & vanilla.

Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 full. Bake in oven for about 20-22 minutes, turning pans once, halfway through.

For the Cream Cheese frosting:
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter & vanilla together until smooth. And the sugar & on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high & mix until very light & fluffy.

YUM!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to make these today & it was a FAILURE!!! I forgot Baking Soda & so they were like rocks. I was going to try for a second batch but I ran out of eggs! No Good! :(

    ReplyDelete